Cleaning your dentures doesn’t have to be a full-time job. As long as you take a few precautions with them, they can provide you with a durable, long-lasting set of teeth that can bring you joy and smiles for years to come. Below are a few suggestions to help you keep your oral hygiene at optimum standards:
– Never let your dentures dry out. Always soak them in plain water, or a proper cleaning solution when not in use.
– Remove your dentures every night to allow your gums a chance to rest.
– Be extremely delicate when handling dentures, as they can be easily damaged.
– Always brush the inner parts of your mouth before inserting dentures. Also rinse the dentures in water before inserting, in order to remove any harmful chemicals that may be present from your cleaning solution.
– Always avoid using the following products on dentures: teeth whiteners, bleach, hot water, and abrasive cleaning materials.
– Be sure to brush and rinse your dentures daily, but not with toothpaste. Clean them with products including hand soap, denture cleaning solution, mild dishwashing liquids, or products with the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
– Be sure to schedule regular checkups with your dentist, and consult them if your dentures become damaged.
Never forget to maintain proper oral health care with your dentures. For more information, or to schedule a checkup with Drs. Glenn D. Balkins, Mark P. Swensen and Dr. Haslam at North Point Dental Group, LLC, you can call us at 541-754-4017 to speak with a member of our staff. You can also visit our office in Corvallis, Oregon. Your smile is our business!